Wednesday, March 10

Its been a while

So I've been terrible at keeping up with my blog but I just watched a ridiculously inspiring Keynote from Gary Vaynerchuck and now its time to "hustle".
Talking about Gary V, he is how against all odds I managed to get a job in the amazing wine industry of Napa Valley. I saw a tweet by him that he would be coming into Houston and meeting people over at a wine bar. Me and a few others went over to meet him and my wife spoke about how we were moving to Napa (she is going to culinary school) and how I was looking for a wine job. Without hesitation Gary said I will get you a job! He asked me to email him so I did and he sent me about 15 of his contacts in Napa Valley. I sent my resume out to all of them and somehow the stars aligned and Palmaz Vineyards happened to be looking for a concierge at the time. For some reason they thought I was a good fit (luckily) and the day before leaving for Napa I was offerred a job with the winery.
By the way, if you haven't heard of Palmaz check them out, the winery is something to behold, the family are some of the nicest people I have ever met and they make delicious wines.
So that is where I am at right now, learning the industry from the inside.
I have learned more in my short time working at a winery than I have from reading wine many wine books prior.
I'm going to commit to updates way more often than it has been coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment